C. Lawrence Neal, M.D. Pre-Medicine Scholarship
Nelda H. Neal and the family, friends, and colleagues of C. Lawrence Neal, M.D. donated the “C. Lawrence Neal, M.D. Pre-Medicine Scholarship” to Louisiana Tech University.
- The scholarship recipient(s) must be a Biology major.
- The scholarship recipient(s) must be registered and remain registered as a full-time student for the quarter in which he/she receives the scholarship at Louisiana Tech University.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to a student whose intent is to attend medical school.
- The scholarship recipient must have a minimum 3.75 GPA in all official college courses to be awarded the scholarship.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to a junior or senior student.
- The scholarship applicant shall write a letter to the scholarship awards committee detailing his/her needs for the scholarship and why he/she is pursuing a career in medicine.
First preference in awarding the scholarship shall be given to students from Lincoln Parish who graduated from a high school in Lincoln Parish and who meet all other criteria.